Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring...Glorious Spring!

So as I mentioned in yesterday's post, I have much to tell you. Sadly, the rain is still falling and falling in buckets, so I have not been allowed to play in the dirt much. As I showed yesterday though, I did get my starts started so they would be ready for when the sun finally comes out. My son and I have been having some fun as well with a product I found here: http://www.thinkgeek.com/geek-kids/3-7-years/e9d4/?pfm=Search&t=root%20vue  We love us some ThinkGeek.com and I couldn't resist when my favorite geek website introduced a gardening "toy" for my kiddo. The Root Vue Farm is a bit pricey considering what you get but it is a PHENOMENAL way to get your kids into gardening and all the wonderful things that happen when you plant a seed. I have to admit...I am equally as excited each morning as we pull the viewing shield away to reveal how much our little roots have grown.  Excitingly, the radishes sprouted almost immediately and began to grown loooooong roots. The carrots and onions took a bit longer to sprout but have successfully started to grow and show roots in the root viewer.

All in all, we are pleased with their progress and now my little man can see what is happening to all of my starts right now. No more mystery under the soil....the magic has been REVEALED!! (Muahahahahahahaha!!!)



I will continue to update you on our wee sprout's sprouts as they grow! So stay tuned!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment