meaty goodness to hold everything together. You aren't baking a cake you are cooking meat - leave the eggs in the fridge.
As you can tell, today's recipe is all about meat. Now, I realize this is no big revelation to make a burger without egg (for some people who already know the secret that they don't need them) but these burgers will BLOW YOUR MIND! No, seriously, they are pretty awesome.
- 1 lb. ground bison (Note: Buffalo will also work since, in America, we use these terms interchangeably.)
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 2 Tbsp. Special Spice Blend (see below)
- Thoroughly mix together in a large bowl.
- Grill or broil until cooked through and juices run clear. (Please remember you are working with pork...don't under cook these.)
Special Spice Blend
This can be made in bulk and kept in a cabinet to sprinkle into anything you want. It is a perfect seasoning salt. This has replaced Lawry's for our household. Simply mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl then transfer to your favorite spice container.
- 1/2 C. Paprika (I used smoked, but a sweet paprika would work as well.)
- 1/2 C. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt, finely ground
- 1 Tbsp mustard powder
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp ground black pepper
- Cayenne, to taste (optional)