Tuesday, February 18, 2014

PEEEESSSTOOOOO.....

This isn't going to be a pretty post...I just wanted to get this recipe down before it escaped my brain. I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as I have.

Paleo Chicken Bacon Pesto
Ingredients

  • 2 chicken breasts (I used leftover grilled chicken)
  • 1/2 lb bacon (I used Applegate's Turkey bacon)
  • 1 C. tomatoes, chopped (I used canned organic, drained)
  • Zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash, cooked to preference
  • Pesto (see below for recipe)
Process
  1. In a large saute pan, sweat bacon then allow to crisp slightly. If using pork bacon, drain and remove all but 1 Tbsp of the grease from the pan. 
  2. Add tomatoes and deglaze pan. 
  3. Add pesto, mix thoroughly with tomatoes and meat mixture. Allow to heat through and loosen up a little.
  4. Mix pesto/meat mixture with hot zoodles allowing the moisture from the zoodles to loosen the pesto a little further.
  5. ENJOY!!
Paleo Pesto
Ingredients
  • 2 C. fresh spinach leaves, well washed and dried
  • 1/2 C. raw pecans
  • 1/2 C. roasted, unsalted cashews
  • 1 tsp. dried parsley
  • 1 tsp. dried basil
  • 1.5 tsp minced garlic (approx. 3 cloves)
  • 2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 C parmesan cheese (optional, I can't do dairy but my boyfriend can and he liked it)
Process
  1. Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment