Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pumpkin Burgers

So, along with being a novice at everything else, I am also a chef...of sorts. I graduated from culinary school in 2011. Since then though, I have done little with my culinary knowledge except make random creations in my own kitchen for my family who would prefer to eat out than to try my food...or any food really...not just mine...they are SUPER picky eaters. Buuuuutttt....I keep cooking for them, because, well, I love to cook just as much as I love to garden.  So here is a creation I came up with this evening. The measurements are a bit rough because I forgot to write it down as I went...so modify as needed. Sadly, I'm sorry, I don't have a picture because I ate them all before I realized that I should have taken a picture of them. *shrug*  Sorry...they were good! :)

Pumpkin Burgers

3 lbs ground beef
1.5 C pumpkin puree
1 t. onion powder
2 t. black pepper (and a pepper shaker handy)
1 t. sea/kosher salt (and a salt shaker/pig handy)
½ t. worchestershire sauce
½ t. pumpkin pie spice (and the spice shaker handy)
1 t. bbq spice rub seasoning (see separate recipe)
Garlic powder
(feel free to adjust seasoning amounts to taste)

1) Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well with hands. Form patties.
2) Sprinkle tops of burgers with black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and a hint of pumpkin pie spice.
3) Broil under broiler or grill to preferred doneness.

Pumpkin Mayo

3 T. Mayo (or vegan mayo of your choice - I used Veganaisse)
1 T. pumpkin puree
¼ t. honey (or to taste)

1) Wisk all ingredients together.

BBQ Spice Rub Seasoning  (this recipe can be made and saved for later use)
1/4 cup paprika
2 T kosher salt, finely ground
2 T sugar
1 T mustard powder
2 T chili powder
2 T ground cumin
1 T ground black pepper
2 T granulated garlic
1 T cayenne (or to taste)

1) Combine all ingredients and store in air tight container/spice shaker.

Enjoy!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment